Wednesday, June 9, 2010

ALL CHANGE! June 9th, 2010

Change the words in the sentence below as indicated. You can only change the exact word in the sequence given; after someone else has posted the next change, then you can post another change. For instance, student 1 writes #1 Subject Noun, and changes the subject noun; Student 2 writes #2 Direct Object Noun, and changes that noun. Each student only makes one change at a time and keeps to the order indicated. If you complete all 7 changes, then start making more changes again from 1 to 7. Each student should build on the changes that the previous students make

My younger brother happily lent his best friend his new bicycle.
Changes: 1. subject noun       2. direct object noun             3. indirect object noun              4. adjective(s)      5. adverb(s)           6. verb name           7. verb tense

10 comments:

marthasq said...

My younger brother Bill, happily lent his best friend his new bicycle.

wookjin said...

My younger brother bill, happily lent his best friend his new car.

Veronica Baig said...

MARTHA: You added a subject--it's an appositive situation;-)
WOOKJIN: Good:-)

Saadat said...

3. Indirect Object

My younger brother Bill, happily lent his cousin his new car.

Saadat said...

May I..........
1. Subject Noun
My younger sister happily lent her best friend her new bicycle.

2. Direct Object Noun
My younger sister happily lent her best friend her new car.

3. Indirect Object Noun
My younger sister happily lent her cousin her new car.

With respect to all.

Veronica Baig said...

SAADAT:The indirect object is good; I'm not sure why you wanted to start from the beginning with your second post?
NEXT STUDENT: Please make change #4.

Johanne said...

Happily, my younger brother lent his best friend his new bicycle.

(I'm really not sure about the sequence)

Veronica Baig said...

JOHANNE:You don't need to change the word order--what you do need to do is make change #4 (change the adjective(s) to the last sentence that Saadat provided. Don't go back to the first sentence again;-)

Johanne said...

#4

My older sister happily lent his best friend his new bicycle.

Best regards.

Veronica Baig said...

JOHANNE: You found one of the adjectives--there are actually three in that sentence;-)